Are you proud of the impression your website makes on new visitors?
Does your online content build trust, encourage shares (yes, even for “boring” business content), and generate new leads?
Does your website shine a spotlight on your customers’ success as well as your industry expertise?
If not, we should talk.
I’m a writer and content strategist who helps subscriber- and membership-based businesses, SaaS providers, and training companies whose success depends on building trust and authority in the marketplace.
I create strong online content and email marketing that grows your online engagement, attracts responsive leads, and builds a loyal customer base.
Unlike some writers, I’m not here to collect a paycheck and leave once your assignment is completed. Instead, I partner with you to make sure that you get meaningful results and a positive return on your investment.
Hi. I’m Leanne.
I’ve been an entrepreneur, teacher, and writer most of my career.
In grad school, I wrote marketing copy and grant proposals for local businesses. I owned an allergy-friendly bakery for a year or so and then a music and teaching studio for 14 years (all while working full-time in corporate America) before I launched my blog in 2012 and became a full-time writer.
I never thought of myself as a salesperson. As a matter of fact, like many other creative people, I felt pretty hesitant when it came to sales and marketing.
But as a business owner, I had no choice. I had to learn how to sell.
Fortunately, I was a natural teacher, so I relied on those skills.
I did what I knew how to do: I listened to people.
I educated them on their possible solutions.
Mostly, I showed them that I cared and that I had the knowledge and experience to help them.
To my surprise and great relief, I soon realized that was all I really needed to do to be a good marketer and salesperson!
As a business owner, I know what it feels like to waste money on marketing. When I first started out, everyone, even people with no business experience, told me I had to advertise. But I didn’t know how. I especially didn’t realize how much money you can throw away (I know now!)
When you’re a speaker or performer, you only have a few minutes to grab peoples’ attention, connect with your audience, and try to get a reaction before they get bored and move onto the next diversion.
Writing is no different. The ultimate goal is to get a standing ovation from your readers. You want them to think, “Wow! You do understand. It’s like you’re reading my mind!”
And then they throw money at you. 😉
Here’s my work philosophy:
My personal creed
- Business content should be fun, engaging, and memorable.
- Good writing can and should educate and move people – and ultimately change their lives for the better.
- My methods are flexible. My #1 job is to help you succeed, not to strictly follow formulas.
My pet peeves
- The world doesn’t need more pretentious, confusing, and boring business writing.
- It’s pointless to create content that’s crammed with information and unreadable (so I won’t).
- Writers should care more about genuinely connecting with and inspiring people than about proving how smart they are.
And because I care about excellence and getting results for my clients, I make it a point to constantly grow my skills:
- I continue to study powerful writing and marketing techniques with the best mentors I can find.
- I’ve grown an online audience of 6000+ followers with my blog, podcast and numerous viral blog posts.
- I’ve received stellar reviews from students and clients.
- I’ve completed Advanced Training and Train the Trainer certifications.
But you don’t have to take my word for it.
What My Clients Say