I’m a writer and content strategist who helps subscriber- and membership-based businesses, SaaS providers, and training companies whose success depends on building trust and authority in the marketplace.
I create strong online content and email marketing that grows your online engagement, attracts responsive leads, and builds a loyal customer base.
Unlike some writers, I’m not here to collect a paycheck and leave once your assignment is completed. Instead, I partner with you to make sure that you get meaningful results and a positive return on your investment.
Hi. I’m Leanne.
I’ve been an entrepreneur, teacher, and writer most of my career.
In grad school, I wrote marketing copy and grant proposals for local businesses. I owned an allergy-friendly bakery for a year or so and then a music and teaching studio for 14 years (all while working full-time in corporate America) before I launched my blog in 2012 and became a full-time writer.
I never thought of myself as a salesperson. As a matter of fact, like many other creative people, I felt pretty hesitant when it came to sales and marketing.
But as a business owner, I had no choice. I had to learn how to sell.
Fortunately, I was a natural teacher, so I relied on those skills.
I did what I knew how to do: I listened to people.
I educated them on their possible solutions.
Mostly, I showed them that I cared and that I had the knowledge and experience to help them.
To my surprise and great relief, I soon realized that was all I really needed to do to be a good marketer and salesperson!
As a business owner, I know what it feels like to waste money on marketing. When I first started out, everyone, even people with no business experience, told me I had to advertise. But I didn’t know how. I especially didn’t realize how much money you can throw away (I know now!)
When you’re a speaker or performer, you only have a few minutes to grab peoples’ attention, connect with your audience, and try to get a reaction before they get bored and move onto the next diversion.
Writing is no different. The ultimate goal is to get a standing ovation from your readers. You want them to think, “Wow! You do understand. It’s like you’re reading my mind!”
And then they throw money at you. 😉
Here’s my work philosophy:
My personal creed
- Business content should be fun, engaging, and memorable.
- Good writing can and should educate and move people – and ultimately change their lives for the better.
- My methods are flexible. My #1 job is to help you succeed, not to strictly follow formulas.
My pet peeves
- The world doesn’t need more pretentious, confusing, and boring business writing.
- It’s pointless to create content that’s crammed with information and unreadable (so I won’t).
- Writers should care more about genuinely connecting with and inspiring people than about proving how smart they are.
And because I care about excellence and getting results for my clients, I make it a point to constantly grow my skills:
- I continue to study powerful writing and marketing techniques with the best mentors I can find.
- I’ve grown an online audience of 6000+ followers with my blog, podcast and numerous viral blog posts.
- I’ve received stellar reviews from students and clients.
- I’ve completed Advanced Training and Train the Trainer certifications.
But you don’t have to take my word for it.
What My Clients Say